Welcome to Mulberry School
The Mulberry School is an independent, private, non-profit school that provides children with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values curiosity and natural development. We work to "nurture the innate love of learning" by teaching children how, as opposed to what, to learn.
Serving the Bloomington-Normal community since 1971, Mulberry School is a cooperative institution where parents have the opportunity to participate in nearly every aspect of the school. It is this support and input that allows us to provide a unique learning experience for our students.
- A School Beautification Day will be held Saturday, February 20 from 9AM-3PM in preparation for our Open House. This is a great way to get your parent hours in!
- Our annual School Open House will be Sunday, February 28 from 2-4PM. Meet teachers and current families, and learn what Mulberry School is all about!
- Mark your calendars! The Mulberry Jukebox Bash is coming on on Saturday, March 5 and is sure to be a great time. Childcare is available! Please visit this link for more details and advance ticket purchase information.
January 29, 2016
January 29 was our 100th day of school! The children enjoyed many themed activities including a K-3 100 Day Museum, dressing up like a 100-year-old person, 100 exercises, 100 seconds of meditation, 100 snacks, and food shaped like 1’s and 0’s!
January 24, 2016
The annual Mulberry Gala, dubbed the “Mulberry Jukebox Bash“, is coming up on March 5. Mark your calendars!
Eat, drink and be Mulberry! Our Jukebox Bash gala fundraiser is all about enjoying a night out in our community! We’re renting Six Strings for the evening to throw our own kind of Mulberry celebration, planning food, drink, entertainment, raffles, games and a silent auction filled with items donated by generous businesses and gifted community members.
- Saturday, March 5
- 5-9 PM
- Six Strings Club, 525 N. Center St., Bloomington, Illinois
- Music by The Readers
- Appetizers, drink specials, photo booth, wine & beer grab, 50/50 raffle, gift card game, guitar pick cupcake, beer flights, and more!
- 21 and over, casual event
- Childcare available
- $30 advance tickets, $35 general tickets at the door
- VIP 4-person tables available for $40 (limit 10)
January 8, 2016
Coming up this month and going through March, you can dine at yummy local restaurants and support Mulberry School at the same time!
January 25: Rosati’s Pizza
January 26 – February 7: Red Robin
February 10: D.P. Dough
March 14: Jason’s Deli
December 17, 2015
We had another fantastic Cultural Diversity Celebration at Mulberry School! The children got to “fly” to India, Italy, Mexico, Greece, China, the North Pole, as well as learn about Hanukkah. Thank you so much to our families for sharing their cultures and traditions with us, as well as the teachers, staff, and parent volunteers for making this a very special day for the Mulberry kids.
December 2, 2015
Mulberry School families enjoyed our annual Holiday Open House, complete with music, cookie decorating, and ornament making. We also kicked off the Brotherhood Tree, providing gifts to needy children during the holiday season.
Thank you to Mr. Greg and the Board of Directors for putting together this fun family event!
Recently we had a fun evening out at Barnes & Noble, while also raising funds for Mulberry School. Thank you for your support!