Welcome to Mulberry School
The Mulberry School is an independent, private, non-profit school that provides children with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values curiosity and natural development. We work to "nurture the innate love of learning" by teaching children how, as opposed to what, to learn.
Serving the Bloomington-Normal community since 1971, Mulberry School is a cooperative institution where parents have the opportunity to participate in nearly every aspect of the school. It is this support and input that allows us to provide a unique learning experience for our students.
- Our annual Friendship Feast is Wednesday, November 26! Although the signup sheet for help is filled, please feel free to come and help! Cooking starts at 8:30 and the table set up begins at 11. The menu will be posted in the entryway with meat and non-meat choices for the children. Early dismissal at 1PM and no after care will be provided. School will be closed November 27 and 28 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Don't forget to pick up your pre-ordered baked goods at Bob Evans on IAA Drive on Wednesday, November 26 between 1-6 PM.
- A Barnes & Noble book fair function is coming up on Friday, December 12 from 4-8PM. Jim Gill, an early childhood children's musician, will be performing. We will also have a week of Internet sales that count towards our total. Watch for a flyer coming home in your child's backpack!
- Our Holiday Family Gathering will be Thursday, December 18 from 6-8PM at the school. There will be food, crafts, and music by the classes with Mr. Greg. Come join us!
- The annual Cultural Diversity Celebration will be held Thursday, January 22 from 1-3PM. More details to come!
November 21, 2014
This holiday season, Mulberry School is buying gifts for a local family in need with five children.
Thank you to those of you who have already signed up to purchase gifts! If you haven’t and are able to, please see the posters inside the front doors for sign-up information.
Wrapped and labeled gifts are due back to the school by December 5 at 3:00 PM.
Thank you for helping to make this family’s Christmas truly special!!
October 31, 2014
We had fun activities at Mulberry School for Halloween on Thursday, October 30. There were so many great costumes! Thank you to the room coordinators, parents, and teachers who volunteered and made the Halloween party a fun success!
October 28, 2014
We had a special visitor at Mulberry School recently! Ryan Weisheit, Ms. Carol’s son, was visiting school from New York City. He played his jazz saxophone for us and we learned a lot! He talked about the mouthpiece, ligature, reed, neck and body of the saxophone. He even tried to blow in the side of the horn to make a funny sound! We asked lots of questions like, “How many instruments do you play? How do you get air through the saxophone? How long have you had that horn?” among many others! He played Somewhere Over the Rainbow from The Wizard of Oz, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and the theme from Frozen! We hope he comes back again soon.