Welcome to Mulberry School
The Mulberry School is an independent, private, non-profit school that provides children with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values curiosity and natural development. We work to "nurture the innate love of learning" by teaching children how, as opposed to what, to learn.
Serving the Bloomington-Normal community since 1971, Mulberry School is a cooperative institution where parents have the opportunity to participate in nearly every aspect of the school. It is this support and input that allows us to provide a unique learning experience for our students.
- Spirit Days are coming up at Mulberry School!
- Tuesday, May 3 - Hero Day (dress up as your favorite hero)
- Thursday, May 5 - Hat Day (wear your favorite hat)
- Tuesday, May 10 - Sidewalk Chalk Day (use Mulberry's chalk to decorate around the school)
- Friday, May 13 - PJ Day (wear your comfy pajamas and don't forget outside shoes)
- Wednesday, May 18 - Wacky Wednesday (wear your hair or clothes any wacky, crazy way)
- Friday, May 20 - Stuffed Pet Day (bring your favorite stuffed animal to school)
- Tuesday, May 24 - Beach Day (come to school in your swimsuits under your clothes, along with beach towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, and spare clothes)
- Thursday, May 26 - Field Day (wear your Mulberry School t-shirt and bring sunscreen and shoes for running)
- The Literary Fun Fair will be Friday, May 13 from 5-8PM at Mulberry School. It will include activities such as a bounce house, face painting, book walk, and more! RSVP to the event on Facebook here. More details to come.
- Important Events
- Wednesday, May 4 & Thursday, May 5 - Autism Awareness Bake Sale
- Tuesday, May 10 - Board Meeting @ 6PM
- Tuesday, May 17 - Parent Meeting @ 6PM
- Wednesday, May 18 - Noodles & Company Fundraiser
- Thursday, May 26 - Last Day of School (Field Day) - sign ups and more details coming soon!
- Friday, May 27 - Farewell Breakfast Picnic from 9-11AM
April 29, 2016
This week in Ms. Zarina’s class – we built and decorated our rockets on Monday, learned about forces and experimented with pendulums on Tuesday, and did activity stations related to forces/motion/Newton’s Laws on Wednesday. Our culminating activity was our successful rocket launch on Friday!
Thanks again to the Kalmes-Finch family, especially Mrs. Carole Kalmes, for their time and materials for this special project!
April 21, 2016
Mulberry School will be having a bake sale on May 4 & 5, with the proceeds going to 4Paws for Max & Satchel. Every year we like to do a community outreach project to teach students the importance of community and helping others. This year we have decided to donate to a cause that is very close to Mulberry.
One of our preschool teachers, Ms. Brandi, is raising awareness of Autism as she fundraises to get a service dog for her two children. Please visit this link to learn more about them.
The students will be cooking yummy desserts, marketing the sale through flyers and posters, and selling the treats before and after school on May 4 & 5. We will be asking for donations as your form of payment for the treats. We appreciate your support!
April 9, 2016
Mulberry School will be running a 2016 Reading Raiser from April 15, 2016 to May 8, 2016. A Reading-Raiser is like a jog-a-thon, except your child will be reading books instead of running laps, and earning pledges based on how much they read. If you child is not reading on his/her own yet, others reading to them counts! Everything is tracked online, which makes inviting mentors and logging reading much easier! We are really excited to promote reading and help our school raise money for classroom materials. This event is special because the children are directly raising the money and they will get to help their teachers decide how to use the money in their classrooms! Please contact Melissa Blickem if you have questions.
Thank you so much for your support!
Help support Mulberry School
4:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
at the Panera Bread bakery-cafe at
208 Greenbriar Drive, Normal, IL 61761
Bring the flyer when you dine and Panera Bread will donate a portion of the proceeds from your purchase. It’s a handcrafted, delicious meal, all for a great cause!
Learn more about Fundraising Nights at Panera Bread at:
March 14, 2016
Many Mulberry families enjoyed representing our school during the annual Sharin’ of the Green Parade in Uptown Normal!
March 6, 2016
Thank you to everyone who attended the Jukebox Bash last night. Your support of our wonderful school is so gratifying to see and feel. We hope you had a great time and enjoyed all the evening had to offer. Congratulations to all the winners! And thank you to Six Strings Club and The Readers for the fabulous venue and entertainment.