Welcome to Mulberry School
The Mulberry School is an independent, private, non-profit school that provides children with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values curiosity and natural development. We work to "nurture the innate love of learning" by teaching children how, as opposed to what, to learn.
Serving the Bloomington-Normal community since 1971, Mulberry School is a cooperative institution where parents have the opportunity to participate in nearly every aspect of the school. It is this support and input that allows us to provide a unique learning experience for our students.
- FYI - The school calendar and application form have been updated for the 2015-16 school year.
- We have had recent changes to our school calendar. We will have school on May 22, 26, 27, and 28.
- Box Tops for Education can still be dropped off! Melanie Morefield is happy to submit these again for the end of the year.
- Field Day is coming up on May 28. Please check the sheets by the door to sign up to help. Contact Jill Luallen if you have any questions.
- Our annual Farewell Breakfast Picnic will be May 29 from 9-11AM. Please bring a breakfast dish to share, blankets, and a table setting.
- Fall School Registration - August 4 will be our all school registration to drop off paperwork. This is different than in the past and this procedure will help Carol and Christine be sure they have all the State Board of Education requirements before the start of school. It will run from 10-2 and 4-7 on August 4. If you will be on vacation, you can turn in the paperwork AFTER that date but not before. Thank you!
May 13, 2015
Congratulations to our new Board of Directors for the 2015-16 school year, who were just voted in at last night’s Parent Meeting.
President: Dirk Shannabarger
Director of Facilities: Scott Barth
Director of Communications: Brad Sheese
Director of Marketing: Megan Carter
Director of Finances: Sheila Snyder
Director of Technology: Tony Kerr
Cooperative Liaison: Melissa Blickem
April 25, 2015
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors, volunteers, and participants that came out for the annual Superhero Sprint on this cold and rainy day! We hope you all enjoyed yourselves during this family event, and we are grateful for the ongoing community support for Mulberry School. Thank you to the race planning committee: Erin Furminsky, Jeanine Brust, Lawrence Keach, Amy Arkell, Carlotta Butler, Karl Goeke, Phay Baccam, and Sheila Snyder for all of their hard work. Mulberry School thanks you!
And of course, congratulations to the winners! Results are posted below.
March 7, 2015
Mulberry School had a very successful Mardi Gras! Food, fun, games and silent auction made the night a memorable one. To everyone who came out and participated, THANK YOU!