Welcome to Mulberry School
The Mulberry School is an independent, private, non-profit school that provides children with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values curiosity and natural development. We work to "nurture the innate love of learning" by teaching children how, as opposed to what, to learn.
Serving the Bloomington-Normal community since 1971, Mulberry School is a cooperative institution where parents have the opportunity to participate in nearly every aspect of the school. It is this support and input that allows us to provide a unique learning experience for our students.
- Mulberry School is seeking Early Childhood Teachers for preschool and mixed grades 2-3 classrooms. Please visit the Job Openings page for more details and submission information.
- School Registration will be August 4, 10AM-2PM and 4-7PM at the school. You should have received your registration packet, which will include immunization forms, school supply list, emergency forms, consents, important dates and calendar. If you cannot come by the school August 4, please do not send them in the mail. You may drop off the needed information anytime after August 4, but we will need the information before the start of school. Thank you!
- Mulberry Beautification Day is coming up on August 8. This is a great opportunity for you to get a head start on your parent hours for the year, and to help make the school look great before the year kicks off. We will be at the school from 9AM-4:30PM. Please join us anytime during the day!
- The Back to School Splash Party will be Thursday, August 13 from 5-7PM at the Tipton Trail Water Park. Let's get the kids together to connect with old and new friends! You can RSVP to this event here.
- The first day of school is Wednesday, August 19 from 9-11:30AM. Please note early dismissal with NO before & after care, and no PM 1/2 day preschool.
- The first FULL day of school is Thursday, August 20 from 9AM-3PM. Full day preschool will be dismissing at 1PM that day, with the PM 1/2 day preschool meeting in the afternoon and NO before & after care.
- Join us for Back to School night on August 20 at 6PM. This is the first parent meeting of the year and a great kick-off to the new school year!
- Two for Two's begins on Friday, September 4.
- There is no school on Monday, September 7 due to the Labor Day holiday.
July 30, 2015
Your family will have an opportunity to purchase or order a variety of Mulberry Spirit Wear at registration (August 4). Please have all order forms turned in no later than Friday, August 21.
Mulberry class colors are as follows:
- Green – Two for Two’s
- Yellow – Preschool
- Blue – K-1st
- Red – 2nd-3rd
July 15, 2015
The children have been enjoying some messy, fun adventures during Mulberry Summer Camp!
May 30, 2015
Due to the rainy weather, our annual Farewell Breakfast Picnic was held indoors this year. It was great enjoying delicious food and visiting with our Mulberry friends one last time before the end of the school year. We hope everyone has a wonderful summer!