Welcome to Mulberry School
The Mulberry School is an independent, private, non-profit school that provides children with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values curiosity and natural development. We work to "nurture the innate love of learning" by teaching children how, as opposed to what, to learn.
Serving the Bloomington-Normal community since 1971, Mulberry School is a cooperative institution where parents have the opportunity to participate in nearly every aspect of the school. It is this support and input that allows us to provide a unique learning experience for our students.
- Our annual Mulberry Gala was a wonderful evening and successful fundraiser for our school! Thank you to everyone who attended and to those who supported and sponsored our event!
- There is no school on Friday, March 14 for Parent/Teacher Conferences.
- Saturday, March 15 is the St. Patrick's Day Parade at 1:00 PM in Uptown Normal. Dress warmly and plan to ride on Mulberry School's float!
- Mark your calendars for our Spring Program on Tuesday, April 29 from 6:00-7:00 PM!
- There are several exciting events coming up at Mulberry School! Check out the news stories below for more information on our Superhero Sprint 5K on April 26, Mulberry School Kids Camp this summer, and Camp Invention in July!
March 1, 2014
Available for kids ages 4 through 3rd grade
Full day fun from 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- June 9th – July 3rd
- July 7th – August 1st
It’s a bird…
It’s a plane…
5K Run or Walk & Kids Sprint
Benefiting Mulberry School
When: Saturday, April 26th
Where: Mulberry School, 1101 Douglas, Normal, IL 61761
Time: 9:00 AM
Cost: $20 early bird discount through April 15 or $25 from April 16-26
*Dri-fit shirts available with early bird registration for an additional $10
Costumes are encouraged! See you there!
You may register by mail or online using one of the options below.
February 24, 2014
We have some BIG news to share… Camp Invention is coming to Mulberry School from July 14-18, 2014! We’re proud to be hosting this nationally acclaimed summer enrichment program for our rising 1st-6th grade students and those in surrounding communities.
The cost is $220 for the week, but discounts are available. If you register by March 28, 2014, you will receive $25 off per child. For families registering three or more siblings, a deeper savings of $50 per child is offered all season long.
This summer’s all new curriculum is entitled “Morphed!” During Morphed!, participants spend their time building original prototypes and creating a personalized motor-powered vehicle, while designing, improving and analyzing their own inventions in a group setting.
Qualified educators from our school district will be facilitating the program, which boosts 21st century skills, knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) and teamwork.
Although Camp Invention is new to us, it’s been around for quite awhile. Created by the National Inventors Hall of Fame, the program has been inspiring children since 1990. Currently offered in 49 states at approximately 1200 locations, parents and educators rave about it, giving it an approval rating of more than 90%.
Don’t miss out on being a part of something BIG this summer! Register early by calling (800) 968-4332 or by visiting www.campinvention.org.
Mulberry Parent, Teacher, and Camp Invention Director